Google Code is closing down so we've moved to GitHub. The source and issues links have been updated on the left navigation bar. Still not sure what to do about downloads as GitHub doesn't support binary downloads.
This is another minor release.
This release is a pure bug fix release. There were a few bugs that I felt was serious to warrant a release.
We've also update translations for Romanian and Malagasy.
Thank you to all who have posted issues, test cases, and have even sent in code fixes.
Also, please note that for this release, I went back to Visual Studio 2008. It turns out that executables built on Visual Studio 2010 requires Windows XP SP2 and above. While this is not a big deal for most, there was nothing in Visual Studio 2010 that warranted its use for this project.
2.46.2 is actually a fairly major release. Although based on the official NSIS 2.46 release, there has been some extensive improvements.
Unicode NSIS 2.46 is now released. Thanks for the testing and feedback!
The only changes between RC 2 and this final release are in the contributed language files. There were some language IDs that were clashing and needed to be modified.
This release fixes the bugs with !searchparse and !searchreplace in the Unicode build and adds an initial version of the Swahili language files. Please download and test it out! It looks like it's getting pretty close to release.
The Unicode port of NSIS 2.46 is out as a release candidate. Apart from the straight port, I've made some improvements.
New African languages are supported:
As you can see, some of these languages are supported in my new ANSI build also. Please note that the translations aren't complete but "sufficient" as told to me by the translators so further enhancements may be forthcoming in a later release.
Also, the System calls to lstr* family of functions in the kernel32.dll has been modified so that there is no longer the need to always suffix with "W" the lstr* functions for the Unicode build. The problem stemmed from the fact that in the kernel32.dll, the lstr* functions such as lstrlen, had three callable versions: lstrlenW, lstrlenA and lstrlen. (This is different from other win32 functions which only have two callable versions: the A and the W suffixed calls.) However, in kernel32, lstrlen is the same as lstrlenA. The reason for this strangeness in kernel32.dll was presumably for backward compatibility. So an NSI script that used System::Call kernel32::lstrlen would get lstrlenA in both the Unicode and the ANSI build of NSIS! Please note, this only happens with kernel32::lstr* functions. But this has been remedied by special code in the System plugin that looks for calls to kernel32::lstr* functions and adjusts the calls according to the build of NSIS so that there is no longer any confusion. The TCHAR-like names for the functions should now work for all of the win32 calls which should make porting of the standard NSIS scripts to the Unicode version much easier.
I've also removed the "chatty" info messages regarding the Unicode encoding of the compiled NSI and NSH files. This was bothering some.
And finally, I'm playing with Google Code for hosting the source and the binaries. But I would still keep http://www.scratchpaper.com as the main domain name. I'm using the Google Code tool in a limited way -- where I find Google Sites deficient. And I will only consider moving the whole site over if they supported custom domains, which as I understand it, they do not yet.
This is a small update to 2.45. There was a port error that creeped back in for GetDrive_ macro in FileFunc.nsh. If you use that macro, you'd want to get this update. Also, I've noticed that some are staying with an older release of Unicode NSIS. If you are one of those who are happy with an older version of Unicode NSIS, please note that the 2.45 version has an important patch for Windows 7 support. So please update your installer with Unicode NSIS 2.45.1.
The Unicode NSIS release based on NSIS 2.45 is now out. Please go to the download site to get your fresh copy.
1-10 of 11